CPIA1 - Position for Success [January 31, 2023 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM]
Tuesday, January 31, 2023 (7:30 AM - 4:00 PM) (CST)
PIA is pleased to announce a return to in-person CPIA classes!
The AIMS Society's Certified Professional Insurance Agent (CPIA) Designation is the first-of-its kind, hands-on, how-to training on sales and marketing topics and techniques. It is nationally recognized as the mark of professionalism, commitment to professional training and results, and exceptional technical knowledge.
To earn the CPIA designation, candidates are required to participate in a series of 3, one-day Insurance Success Seminars. Seminars are designed to enhance the ability of producers, sales support staff and company personnel to efficiently create and distribute effective insurance programs. Participants leave with actionable ideas that can produce results immediately.
The CPIA Seminars have been rated very highly by graduating producers, agency owners, and by participating company representatives and, in many states, qualify for CE credit. The format and nominal cost to attend each module have made them particularly useful and popular.
Candidates have 3 years to complete the series of 3 Insurance Success Seminars. Upon completion of the series, candidates will be awarded the CPIA designation. Candidates are notified of their eligibility by email from the AIMS Society. Diplomas are prepared and distributed on a quarterly basis.
The CPIA Designation qualifies as an approved E&O Loss Control Seminar by Utica National Insurance
***New In 2022 - the CPIA Designation requires an annual update to maintain your designation. This update requirement can be satisfied through participation in any 1 of the 3 core Insurance Success seminars, participation in any of the Advanced Insurance Success seminars, or by maintaining Ruby, Sapphire, or Diamond level membership in AIMS.
This update requirement can be satisfied through participation in any 1 of the 3 core Insurance Success seminars, participation in any of the Advanced Insurance Success seminars, or by maintaining Ruby, Sapphire, or Diamond level membership in AIMS.
This year’s seminars will be presented by Steve Becher, CIC, CPIA. Steve is the Executive Director of the PIA of North Dakota. Prior to joining PIA, Steve was a teacher and coach. He also spent 18 years in the property/casualty business as an agent and later as agency manager of an independent insurance agency in West Fargo, ND. Steve consistently receives high reviews for educational classes, including the CPIA seminars.
The 2023 CPIA seminars are scheduled as follows:
*Registration: 7:30—8:00 AM
*Class Schedule: 8:00 AM—4:00 PM - Breaks provided
Each in-person course registration includes a light breakfast, boxed lunch, and MN CE. CE Approval by State can be found HERE.
*If the above dates do not work for you, please check out PIA of North Dakota's dates HERE (be sure to let them know if you are a PIA of MN Member).
Position for Success - CPIA 1
During this workshop, participants focus on internal and external factors affecting the creation of effective business development goals. Factors discussed include:
- current state of the insurance marketplace;
- competitive pressures;
- insurance carrier underwriting criteria; and
- consumer expectations.
Implement for Success - CPIA 2
During this workshop, participants learn:
- specific tools for analyzing consumer need
- how to utilize risk identification techniques to gather pertinent prospect information;
- skills necessary to assimilate information gathered into customized coverage recommendations;
- how to prepare a complete submission; and
- tips for preparing and presenting a comprehensive insurance proposal.
Sustain Success - CPIA 3
This workshop focuses on fulfilling the implied promises contained in the insuring agreement. Participants will:
- review methods of providing evidence of insurance coverage;
- discuss policies and procedures for controlling errors and omissions including policy review and delivery, endorsements, claims-processing, and handling of client complaints; and
- learn how to calculate the lifetime value of a client and techniques for generating referrals.
An Agents Guide To Understanding And Mitigating Cyber Exposures - CPIA Advanced
During this workshop participants will:
- focus on the exposures, insurance recommendations for coverage and risk management techniques used to identify, analyze, and control them.
- Having proper insurance along with implementing proper control and company policies can keep an organization from financial ruin.
- Cyber insurance is evolving, and the policy forms differ in many ways. Understanding cyber risks, both property (first-party) and liability (third-party) and providing the proper insurance protection is critical for all organizations.
$170 PIA of MN Members / $195 Non-Members
*Platinum Partners receive two complimentary series registrations and Gold Partners receive one complimentary series registration (applies to PIA of MN in-person CPIA classes only),
Cancellation Policy: No refunds for cancellations.
Registration Fees are deductible as ordinary business expenses; however, they may not be considered charitable contributions. Location and time subject to change.
4700 West 77th St
Edina, MN 55435-4818 United States
Superior A Room - signs will direct you to the classroom. A security badge will be provided for class attendees so be sure to arrive in plenty of time to receive your badge before the class starts.
Registration: 7:30—8:00 AM
Class Schedule: 8:00 AM—4:00 PM - Breaks provided